Thursday, August 28, 2008

just an update

I am tired, and really ready for bed, but I am trying to be consistent in my posts. No one likes a neglected blog.

Everything is going ok... Although I'm ready for Malko to start school. Kudos to stay-at-home-moms. Seriously. I am exhausted by the time dinner starts.

This week has been interesting. Mathilde started school, but Malko doesn't start until Monday. Malko still hasn't exactly warmed up to me yet. Which I understand completely. He's had one nanny his whole life, and then his mother was home for the past three months (she just beat breast cancer - she's an amazing woman). So now there is a complete stranger is waking him up, making his breakfast, and speaking a strange language to him... I understand his wary attitude. But today we really played together, and it was great. He is sweet, and will talk to you for hours about nothing at all if you let him.

I think on Saturday I am going to drive into Nyon with Ivana... and I'm nervous. It's not the whole stick-shift thing - I know and love manual transmissions; my beloved Neon (RIP) was a manual. It's the whole ridiculously-narrow-roads thing. Everything is laid out very similarly to the States, but people drive faster here, and the roads are tiny. We'll see how I do.

Oh, and I'm going to join a choir! Tonight Ivana was going through some papers, and called up the stairs to me, "Do you want to sing?" I leaned over the banister. "Um, right now?" She laughed. "No, there is a choir in Nyon, and my friend is directing! I forgot. It's starting on Wednesday night. I will call my friend and take you this Wednesday." YEA! I am so excited. I don't care if everyone is tone-deaf and they only sing cheesy gospel music, I am going to sing. I will keep you all posted.

I am very excited tomorrow is Friday. I am tired and I am looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday (aka about 9am).

Anyway. I'm trying to decide if I will read a little, or turn on a movie. Either way, I'm going to be asleep soon. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Camille! You're going to sing! Everything is coming up Mio!!

I wouldn't worry about driving. You're an excellent driver. You'll do fine. It's the spiders I'm worried about.

As for Malko, I wouldn't compare him to the
bear cubs
you survived as a child. I mean, let's face it, those little icks (now big icks) aren't exactly normal. Exceptional, but not normal. I bet you win Malko over in no time.

We all love your blog. It makes us all smile!

Peace my Darling Diva!