Sunday, November 16, 2008

a good weekend.

I really don't have anything in particular to blog about, so I thought I would just update everyone on my weekend.

Right now it's about 1:30, and soon I need to head to church for practice. I've been getting involved in music, and it's been a lot of fun. Ivana is leaving today for England, so things are in a bit of an uproar around the house. Ronie the cat is sleeping on my bed, and I think she's super lazy, because she slept on my bed from about 7:30 last night to 7:30 this morning, and she came back in around 12:30 to take another nap. The only other animal that sleeps that much is Millie.

Friday was nice, I met up with some friends in Lausanne and we had Starbucks (the Christmas stuff is out here - it's so nice that it's just like home), and then we caught the new Bond movie. I love Bond, I really do. The only thing I really wanted in this movie was a good car chase (the last Bond movie had just a tease of a car chase), and it was delivered. So I was happy.

While we were waiting for our respective trains, Brad, Paul, & I decided to get together Saturday with some other friends at Brad's apartment (AMAZING apartment), and being the nerds we are, we decided to sing through Les Miserables. So, yesterday afternoon, we gathered around Brad's piano, and actually sang the entire score of Les Miz. And it was awesome. Well, we didn't sing through the entire thing, we cut some of the sung dialogue and a few of the difficult pieces (Brad was pretty much sight-reading the piano score), but it was so much fun. We did take a break right after we moved to the second act, and took a walk around Morges, which is a really lovely town. I had to leave the festivities early, because I babysat the children last night, but I had a lovely time with my friends.

I really believe I work with the most amazing children. Last night, after they were in their pjs, and all freshly scrubbed for bed, I led them into their room, only to discover Mathilde's dou-dou was missing. A dou-dou, for those of you who are wondering, is a French name for a child's special stuffed animal. And every child here has one. There are even television shows about little ones and their dou-dous, kind of like Calvin & Hobbes but less awesome. So, I made my way downstairs to find it (it was under the dining room table, God only knows why), and when I got back upstairs, the children were already in their beds, with their nightlight on, waiting for me to tuck them in. I can't believe how well-behaved they are. Seriously. I sang them the special lullaby I sing to them every time I put them to sleep, told them I loved them and turned out the light. As I was walking down to my room, I heard them whisper their goodnights & I love yous to each other. Then they fell immediately asleep. And I'm not making this up. These children are amazing. I love them.

I need to eat a little something before church, and get all packed up and ready, so talk to you later!

No comments: