Saturday, December 13, 2008

brief update

I am enjoying a really nice, quiet evening right now. This week has been a little strange, schedules have been a little different, and I've been a little cranky. Something I learned about myself while in university is if I don't get enough alone time, I get cranky and not fun to be around. So I've learned to cherish my alone moments, and really take advantage of my alone time - that's when my batteries are recharged.

This week I haven't had much alone time, and it really took its toll. Tonight, I'm babysitting, and I am very thankful that I am. At first, I was crabby about babysitting, because two of my friends are having a joint birthday party tonight, and the au pairs I hang out with Monday nights are having a special get together tonight. But I'm thankful I'm alone, enjoying some stillness and quiet. I'm drinking a nice glass of red wine (the family had a big Christmas party for their neighbors today, so there is a lot of wine and food about the house right now), and munching on some chocolate.

Today I went to Geneva with some of the au pair girls and celebrated L'Escalade, which is a holiday unique to Geneva. I won't go into too much detail, because I feel a little lazy and don't want to type everything out, but the link above is to the Wikipedia page. It's a neat if you like history, and it was fun to learn a bit more about Old Town in Geneva. The big parade is tomorrow, but the secret passage was open today, and we all got to go through it. I love learning and seeing history first-hand.

Anyway, here are a bunch of pictures I haven't shared with you yet. From Thanksgiving to today.
The Thanksgiving table (lots of wine, cause we're in Swissland)Friends at Thanksgiving
It snowed! Yea!
Gun demonstration today during Escalade - really LOUDMilena and Heather traversing through the secret passageOur cats have gotten really fat.


Well, that's all for now. I'll try and post again before I head off to England and Ireland! Bon week-end!

No comments: