Monday, September 15, 2008

A slight change of plans...

I'm thinking of running the Edinburgh Marathon instead of the Paris Marathon. For a few reasons. First, I really want to see Edinburgh. I don't know if I'd make it there otherwise, while Paris is only 3 hours away by train. Second, it's cheaper. Not by too much, but it is cheaper. Third, it's a lot easier to register for it. It's a smaller race (11,500 compared to 37,000), but registration is open longer, the website is easier to navigate, and I don't have to send in a medical certificate, which you need for the Paris Marathon. Second, it's not until May 31, so I'd have a little longer to train (which makes a huge difference because I am not good at running). Any thoughts?

Today is a beautiful fall day. After we took Mathilde to her afternoon train to school, Malko and I took a walk, and he picked some wildflowers and gave them to me. He's so sweet. I feel a little bad for him though; he is so social, but his sister and friends all have school in the afternoon, so he is alone. He likes me, actually, he loves me, he tells me all the time, but I'm not as much fun as another 4-year-old. I seriously think it would be good for him to be at school all day, just because he loves school, and he loves being around his friends. Ah, well. C'est la vie.

No comments: