Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Interlaken & Grindelwald

This post is going to be a lot of pictures because:
1. Everyone likes pictures
2. I feel a little lazy

I had a wonderful weekend with my friends. Interlaken & Grindelwald were beautiful. I also have made some really wonderful friends here, and it was so fun to spend a little time with them.

A short recap... we arrived Friday night, to the hostel, and just had fun playing card games, and the train game, which is hard to describe but really, really fun (like Settler's of Cattan, if you're familiar... if not, I have no reference for you). Saturday we took the train to Grindelwald to do some hiking. Unfortunately, being the off-month of November, all the telecabines were closed. We had to change our plans and just did a short hike around Grindelwald. It was still really lovely.

Saturday night we went out for dinner, and celebrated with Bethany, one of my friends here who just recently received her HR degree. Yea for Bethany! My friend Jenna and I split a pot of fondue and a little bottle of white wine - very, very Swiss, and very, very yummy. After dinner we headed back to the hostel, and popped some bubbly to celebrate with Bethany, and then headed to bed. Sunday, Bethany and I walked around Interlaken, while the other 5 rented bikes and cycled around town. We then had to leave, but left happy.

On to the pictures!
the train game!
walking to the train station before the hike
Grindelwald
our lunch spot
it's me!
this country is so beautifulcongratulations Bethany!
the cyclists
(L-R Nicole, Kiri, Brad, Paul, Jenna)


As you can see, I had a lot of fun, and I have great friends. It was such a nice trip, and so nice to get away for a bit. As an au pair, it can get a little tricky, because you live with your bosses. Even if you have an excellent relationship with them (like me), it's still nice to get away, even if it is only a mini-vacation. I know that is well-understood. I can't wait til our next excursion!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend!

No comments: