Thursday, November 13, 2008

yea!

It's official!

I'm going to England for Christmas, and Ireland for New Year's.  

Yesterday I booked my flight to Manchester, and I just booked my flight to Dublin, from Manchester.  I'm so excited.  At this point, I don't exactly know how/when I'll be getting back to Switzerland... but it'll all come together.  I'm pretty sure Dan will be able to join me for New Year's and then a week or so in Switzerland, but we're still trying to hammer out the details.    It's hard to plan across an ocean.  

Christmas I'll be spending with my aunt, uncle, & cousins, and I'm ashamed to say I haven't been to visit them yet.  They moved to the UK in '94 (I think...). Needless to say, it's about time I see where they live.  I'll be there for a week, and I then I head to Ireland to (hopefully) meet up with my favorite guy, and hang out with my favorite Irish lads.  It's neat because I'll be visiting the place where my brother worked and lived for a year, and I'll get to meet his friends that didn't attend his wedding.  

Dan and I might head up to Belfast, or fly to Edinburgh, or just travel around the countryside.  I don't know.  I do know that I am so excited!  

I've been here for 3 months now (give or take a few days), and I've traveled a bit around Switzerland, and I've been over the border to France a few times, but I'm really excited to travel a bit more extensively, and especially around some English-speaking countries.  I get frustrated that I can't even ask in Swiss-German, "do you speak English?"  I feel arrogant sometimes, just assuming people speak English.  Oh well.  That's the traveling life, I suppose.  

I need to get back to work.  Mathilde's train will arrive in a half-hour, I need to be there to meet her!  

No comments: